Anissa R. Nierenberger
RPR, CRR, CRC, CRI
B.S. Realtime Reporting
Since 1992, Anissa Nierenberger has pursued her passion for captioning into three distinct areas; Anissa Captions, her proprietary software Dictionary Jumpstart, and training and education programs. Anissa discovered captioning when she was just 14 years old after spending a career day with a reporter in court. Determined to become a stenographer, she pursued her goal and within a year of graduation from court reporting school, she began captioning for TV stations across the United States and Canada.
In 2000, Anissa founded Dictionary Jumpstart, a realtime dictionary-building software that has helped hundreds of reporters improve their dictionaries and allowed them to explore other areas of reporting, including captioning and CART captioning. As an author, Anissa has also published several articles as well as books that include Simple Syllables: 1,000 Entries to Better Realtime, and A Jump Back in Time: People, Places and Events in History, and Fantabulous Families.
Anissa is a past President of MAPCR (Michigan Association of Professional Court Reporters) and has been a member of NCRA (National Court Reporters Association) for over 20 years. She has presented seminars on realtime, captioning, dictionary building, and Dictionary Jumpstart to state and national associations, workshops, and schools across the country.
Anissa has passionately pursued her love of captioning for 28 years, pioneering Dictionary Jumpstart and now working as an instructor for Broadcast Captioning and CART training along with one-on-one realtime training. Her extensive experience with broadcast captioning, on-site CART and remote CART make her the perfect partner for all of your captioning needs.
Here are just a few of the many events Anissa has captioned:
- On-site and remote captioning for tech companies
- On-site media captioning for football bowl games
- Webcasting of quarterly financial reports for Fortune 500 Companies
- Sporting events including NBA basketball games, MLB baseball games, NHL hockey games, NFL football games, and college football games
- Local U.S. news markets for CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC affiliates from coast to coast
- Local Canadian newscasts and Summer Olympics for the CBC
- Travel to 20 U.S. cities, coast to coast, with General Motors, providing realtime captioning for retiree and stockholder meetings
- Stadium event captioning
"I was new to the CART world when I first started working with Anissa, but when I completed her class, I felt like an expert. My dictionary improved immensely; far beyond what I could have done on my own."
"I wish I would have done one-on-one training with Anissa years ago. I think everyone should take this, if nothing else just to save time on editing. It is well worth their time and money."
"One-On-One training with Anissa has improved my realtime so much and I feel a lot more confident in giving it to my judge. It has been a game changer."
"I don't think I have ever been this excited to be a court reporter! Anissa is so motivating and makes learning realtime exciting and fun!"
“Exemplary skills combined with consistent errorless execution equates to Anissa’s great work product.”
“I have had the pleasure of working with Anissa close to 25 years and her professionalism and unwavering dedication to our industry is unmatched.”
“Anissa Nierenberger exemplifies the highest standards as a professional broadcast captioner with regard to accuracy, speed, and knowledge.”
Anissa is a seasoned presenter. In addition to teaching courses online, she holds helpinars online and speaks at conventions throughout the year across the country. Learn more about training and education opportunities through Learn to Caption.
- January 29 – Louisiana Court Reporters Association – Online
- March 19 – Denver Court Reporters Association – Loveland, CO
- March 26 – StenoCAT Virtual Spring Conference
- April 1-2 – Oklahoma Court Reporters Association – Tulsa, OK
- April 29-30 – Texas Deposition Reporters Association – Dallas, TX
- May 2 – Idaho Judicial Branch Reporters – Boise, ID
- May 14 – Los Angeles County Court Reporters Association – Online
- July 21-24 – NCRA Annual Convention – Orlando, FL
- July 30-31 – British Institute of Verbatim Reporters
Firm Owners: Inspire Your Team
Did you know that simply editing a transcript differently can improve realtime? Hundreds of people have benefitted from Anissa’s seminar, Terminate Transcript Turmoil and your team of reporters can benefit, too!
Your reporters can view Terminate Transcript Turmoil on their schedule and then schedule their personal half hour with Anissa one-on-one where she’ll give them five realtime tips specific to their writing. Your team will walk away INSPIRED! Read more from Colorado firm owner, Judy Stevens, about how her team was inspired!
You're closer to realtime than you think Introducing Dictionary Jumpstart
What if you could build your dictionary by 1,000 entries an hour? Dictionary Jumpstart, a software designed to move you faster toward realtime, is a reporter's dream.